The Stuffed Animal Rescue Foundation: Our Mission
The Stuffed Animal Rescue Foundation (S.A.R.F.) is an organization dedicated to the well-being of abandoned, outgrown or neglected Stuffed Animals.* We find permanent and/or foster homes for rescued Stuffed Animals (SAs), and we provide shelter, snuggles and good conversation in the interim. We are committed to the physical and mental rehabilitation of stuffed victims of abandonment, and we raise awareness of these problems through our Stuffed Animal Petting Zoo events. We are located in Austin, TX.
- To love SAs whose owners can no longer keep them (due to callousness, ‘growing up’ or apartment redecoration)
- To rehabilitate SAs before placement by providing sanitization, psychotherapy, hug therapy and all needed innoculations
- To place SAs in suitable homes with loving owners**
- To evoke guilty feelings in those who have abandoned childhood SAs and to educate the public regarding SAs’ feelings
- To thoroughly screen adoption applicants before making placement decisions
*The S.A.R.F. does not discriminate against ‘non-animal’ species (eg. snowmen, stuffed fruits or vegetables, strikingly cute pillows) as long as they are plush and are sufficiently adorable to be considered viable candidates for adoption.
**The S.A.R.F. reserves the right to keep any SAs to which we become attached during the rehabilitation process.
© 2015 My Own Room Media | firstname.lastname@example.org